King Salman Humanitarian Aid & Relief Centre:
Historically, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has taken on a pioneering humanitarian role in serving the international community around the world. The Kingdom realizes the significance of this role in alleviating human suffering and ensuring that all people are given the opportunity to live healthy, dignified lives. To further emphasize their dedication to the service of all in need, the leadership of Saudi Arabia established King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Centre. The purpose of this important international organization is to provide humanitarian aid and relief to those in need outside of the Kingdom’s borders. The activities of the center were inaugurated in May of 2015 under the high patronage and guidance of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, may God support him.
The center’s activities are founded upon noble fundamental humanitarian goals and principles. Elements needed to carry out our programs include the detailed monitoring of all aid, the highly coordinated and advanced transportation of aid through highly trusted UN agencies and local and international non-profit organizations in the recipient countries.
Programs are chosen based upon the eligibility of targeted recipients in selected geographical areas. The aid includes all humanitarian and relief sectors (Relief Security, Camps Management, Shelter, Early Recovery, Protection, Education, Water and Sanitation, Nutrition, Health, Humanitarian and Emergency Relief Coordination, Logistics and Emergency Telecommunication.)
The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Centre aims to be an international model of excellence for the provision of humanitarian aid. Some of the fundamental principles upon which the center bases its operations are:
○ Providing help to indigent and crisis-affected people throughout the world.
○ Providing aid objectively and fairly to all in need.
○ Coordinating and consulting with reliable and trustworthy international organizations and institutions.
○ Following internationally-accepted criteria for the optimum selection and application of relief programs.
○ Unifying the efforts of all parties concerned in the Kingdom’s relief activities.
○ Ensuring the professionalism and competence of the center’s employees and volunteers.
○ Accurate aid delivery to eligible recipients, ensuring that targeted aid is not diverted for other purposes.
○ Aid must meet the highest quality standards.